It’s time for end of summer maintenance! Since Minnesota weather can be a bit unpredictable, we never really know when the cold weather of the winter season will hit, so it’s best to take advantage of the mild weather now! If you spend time now getting your home prepped for winter, you’ll be ready for it if it does decide to come earlier than normal! Fall can be a busy time anyway and you’ll be glad you tackled your home maintenance list early.
- Take care of your air conditioning in Chaska MN now! If you haven’t already, pretty soon you’ll turn your AC off for another season, which makes this the perfect time to get it maintained. Quality Heating & Air can fix any issues that may have happened over the summer months so that your AC is in good shape for next year. If you haven’t had your heating system maintained within the last year, it may be smart to have that checked as well, so you don’t have any surprises in the winter!
- Be sure your fireplace and chimney are in good repair. If you haven’t had your chimney cleaned lately, it might be wise to consider it. A clogged or damaged chimney can pose a fire hazard or a health hazard.
- If you have any leaks or potential leaks near your roof or foundation, now is the time to fix them! Be sure windows are sealed properly, your roof is in good repair, gutters are cleaned, and drain spouts move water away from your house.
- Prevent drafty conditions by making sure your doors and windows are tightly sealed. Weatherstripping can wear out over time, so if yours isn’t in good repair, consider replacing it. If you can see light coming through your doors or you can feel air blowing through, you need to add new weatherstripping.
- Trim overgrown trees now to avoid having to clean up extra leaves later! Before the leaves start to fall, trim up your landscaping. Be sure to take care of any branches that are rubbing against your house or roof. Also check for any signs of rot in trees or unhealthy branches that may give out under the weight of snow in the winter.