Tankless water heaters, which are also called on-demand water heaters eliminate the need of having a hot water tank to store your hot water. Water is heated instantly when you need it. The benefit of this is that it ensures that you have hot water running all the time and the heater is energy efficient.You can change your conventional water heater to a tankless water heater by taking the steps below
Get an estimate of your hot water consumption
Estimate how much hot water you use in a day. This helps in determining the right size of your tankless water heater. You can also have more than one heater if you have different uses such as laundry, shower, dishwashing, and other uses. If you are not sure of your daily consumption, ask for assistance from a professional plumber.
Ask for a quote
Call the tankless water heater installers in Ponca City for a quote. They will ask about your average usage and advice if you need to have more than one tankless water heater at home. It is good to compare quotes where possible. A survey may be required as some plumbing systems will be altered to accommodate the tankless water heater. This cost will go to the total cost of installing the heater.
Call your gas company
The natural gas is cheap and best for use in heating. Most natural gas companies will even give you a discount for switching to gas for the water heating. Inform the company that you intend to use the natural gas for water heating so that they readjust the supply and the connections at home.
Once the source of fuel and plumbing is modified right, you can now have the tankless water heater installed at home. The who process should take a few days to complete. Ensure that you have hired a professional plumbing company for the modification and installation of the new heating system. With quality installation, your tankless water heater should take a long time without the need for repair or replacement.
Stolhand Wells offers professional plumbing and HVAC services in Ponca City and surrounding areas. Contact them today for any heating, cooling, waterless heater installation and plumbing repairs and emergency services.
While I rejoiced at the return of the pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks, this also unfortunately means that winter is just around the corner. Having just quit my job a year and a half ago, the winter can often be a time of stress. Between holidays, shopping, parties to attend and host, as well as an increased gas bill to heat my home, money is always tight. I don’t like skimping on Christmas gifts, so I decided to find ways to lower my heating bill. Turns out, there are tons of ways that I could save money and not freeze this winter. Here are a few of the most effective:
- Program your thermostat. Usually you don’t need the house as warm at night because you are snuggled under your blankets. Set your thermostat to turn down automatically at night and back up about an hour before you usually wake up. If you work, you can also program it to turn down while you are gone so you don’t waste energy heating an empty house. Also, you can manually turn down the thermostat anytime you leave on an unexpected or unplanned outing.
- Close your blinds or drapes. This will help keep warm air from escaping through the glass on your windows. This can reduce your heating bill and energy consumption. You may also want to look into buying insulating film for your windows and sliding glass doors. This is a clear film you can apply that can reduce heating loss by as much as 5% when used according to the directions. You should be able to find it at your local hardware store.
- Change your furnace filters. This will reduce the likelihood that you will have to make an emergency call for Washington MO heating repair and it will make your furnace run more efficiently. More efficiency leads to more savings.
- Consider adding insulation to your attic. Increasing your insulation is a one-time expense that can save you money every month by keeping your house warm with less work from your furnace.
- Bundle up. Wear warmer clothes in your home so you don’t have to turn the heat up as high. This will save you money and you will still be warm.
By following these easy tips you can cut your heating bill by as much as 30% which puts more money in your pocket. So you can splurge on that pumpkin spice, or extra gifts for your kids.